Friday 19 December 2014

The Root of Jesse

 At Vespers today I had the opportunity to be in church at the same time as the sisters and while the version of the office that we pray differs, the Magnificat and the O-antiphon for today are the same. That antiphone is  O Radix Iesse, O root of Jesse who, as will be remembered, was the father of king David who in turn was the father of Solomon the king who begat ... well you get the point, as Our Lord is a direct descendant of king David with all that it entails, he is also a descendat of Jesse.

 And the novena goes on..


Hail and blessed be the hour and moment
In which the Son of God was born
 Of the most pure Virgin Mary,
at midnight, in Bethlehem,
in the piercing cold.
In that hour vouchsafe, I beseech Thee, O my God, to hear my prayer and grant my desires,
[mention your request here]
through the merits of Our Saviour Jesus Christ, and of His Blessed Mother. Amen.

Our Father
Hail Mary
Glory be.

No comments:

Post a Comment